Thursday 18 September 2014

Background experiments.

So I've been working on some bits and bobs and attempting to create some backgrounds for Bones, so I've been googlingpost-apocalypse backgrounds and nuclear testing sights to try and get an idea for it. Brandon doesn't really know what the colour palette is going to be for the film so I'm just going to use a variety of hues and see how they turn out.

1. First test. Used a default sky and a ugly ground plain. Looks alright.

2. Made the sky a bit darker and added some more clouding to the scene.

3. Tried a different material upon the ground scape and added a denser cloud blanket.

 4. More yellow tint, the ground texture is a lot more arid and dead, also less rocky.


5. Added some haze which...didn't look so good. I think it's the yellowness of the sky in the background.

6. More sickly green. Did attempt to put a global ecosystem on, but they just showed up as random dots. Also changed the material to sandy.



7. Used a pre-made pyramid and some different skies. Stuffed about with the clouds and added some longer clouds, also took down the tints, fog and haze.


8. Brandon told me that colour pallets have a pinkish tint, so I'm going to turn it into 'Magical elf land'. It's beautiful, I demand all of our backgrounds are this. Needs more godrays.


9. More sandy and mountainous terrain.

No comments:

Post a Comment